Download iCloud Control Panel for Windows XP
The cloud for iDevices
iCloud for Windows XP is quite difficult to setup on older machines still running the 32 bit of the famous operating system. Apple has released a Windows version of iCloud, the mobile application for data sharing between iOS devices. Now it’s easier than ever to share data, photos, and contacts between iOS devices.
The iCloud control panel for Windows is intended to provide a seamless synchronization between your iOS 5 devices and your Windows computer. iCloud Windows Control Panel requires Windows Vista Service Pack 2 or Windows 7. Using this tool, any iOS device will be able to synch data with other iOS devices that have the iCloud mobile application. You just need to backup to iCloud from your iPhone or iPad and let the cloud sync them.
In order to backup to iCloud, you need to have iOS 5 on iPhone 3GS or later, iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad, or iPad 2; or a Mac computer with OS X Lion.
How to Use iCloud for Windows
- Download it from Apple website
- Turn on iCloud: Windows Start menu > Control Panel > Network and Internet > iCloud
- Enter the Apple ID associated to your iCloud account and select the iCloud services you’d like to enable.
Please note that Outlook 2007 or 2010 is required for accessing iCloud email, contacts, and calendars. Safari 5.1.1 or Internet Explorer 8 or later is required for accessing bookmarks.
To create an iCloud account you need an iOS device like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 5, or a Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.2.
Download iCloud Control Panel for Windows XP [iCloudSetup.exe]
This is a hacked version of the software, v 1.1 released on March 07, 2012 ( Latest release)
You just need to execute it, it will extract a folder named iCloudSetup, from which you need to run iCloud.msi (or iCloud64.msi if you have Windows XP 64-bit)
Notes about iCloud backup files
Please becareful when manipulating your iCloud backup files. While storing files on iCloud is easy and straightforward, playing with them is risky. Whenever you delete a file that is backed up to the cloud, it will be deleted from all your idevices too.
How to enable Automatic downloads on iCloud Control Panel for Windows?
To enable automatic downloads for your music, apps, and books, open iTunes > Edit > Preferences > Store and select Music, Apps, and Books. (Requires iTunes 10.5.)
What happens if you delete the icloud backup of an iOS device using the iCloud control panel on a Windows computer?
Well in this case the backup file will be deleted from the Apple servers hosting your backups hence it will be removed from your storage allocation and will be deleted from all your devices too.
I can’t sign in to icloud Control Panel, I just get a spinning wheel ? I can sign in to icloud but photostream is greyed out, how to fix that?
If photo stream is not working for you try the following steps:
1. Close iCloud control panel open. Make sure its not minimized in the system tray.
2. Copy this path to your clipboard:
3. Goto ‘start -> run’ (or click ‘windows+r’ hotkey)
4. Paste the path in the run box and hit enter
5. From the folder that is opened, rename ‘MobileMeAccounts.plist’ out of the way (or you can delete it if want..)
6. Restart iCloud control panel and try to login again. MobileMeAccounts.plist is regenerated the next time you sign out from control panel.
Photostream should not be greyed out now.
How to hack iCloudSetup.exe
If you don’t like to hack manually the setup file, please download it directly from here.
There’s a simple trick to get the iCloud Control Panel for Windows to work on Windows XP. For this iCloud XP trick, you need to have iTunes, a file archiver like 7-Zip or Winrar and Orca MSI Editor.
- Download iCloud Control Panel for Windows.
- Open iCloudSetup.exe file with the file archiver and extract the file contents.
- Navigate to and open the iCloud.msi or iCloud64.msi (for 64bit systems) with Orca MSI Editor.
- In Orca MSI Editor Window, in the left table section select LaunchCondition. Then change in the right table VersionNT> = 600 to VersionNT> = 200 and Save.
- Run modified iCloud.msi. Now you can install iCloud Windows XP Control Panel
- Run iCloud Control Panel, located in the Windows Control Panel, and set up the settings for iCloud for Windows (The same instructions stated above are valid for iCloud Windows Panel on XP)