It’s May 25, the Geek Pride Day! Sh0w 0ff your Geekiness/Nerdiness to teh w0rld 😀
The event page on Wikipedia defines this day as “A non-denominational holiday to be celebrated by nerds and geeks who do not feel ashamed of showing their unconventional interests in public.”
There’s even a manifesto that defines the rights and responsabilities of geeks:
- The right to be even geekier.
- The right to not leave your house.
- The right to not like football or any other sport.
- The right to associate with other nerds.
- The right to have few friends (or none at all).
- The right to have as many geeky friends as you want.
- The right to be out of style.
- The right to be overweight and short-sighted.
- The right to show off your geekiness.
- The right to take over the world.
- Be a geek, no matter what.
- Try to be nerdier than anyone else.
- If there is a discussion about something geeky, you must give your opinion.
- To save and protect all geeky material.
- Do everything you can to show off geeky stuff as a “museum of geekiness.”
- Don’t be a generalized geek. You must specialize in something.
- Attend every nerdy movie on opening night and buy every geeky book before anyone else.
- Wait in line on every opening night. If you can go in costume or at least with a related T-shirt, all the better.
- Never throw away anything related to geekdom.
- Try to take over the world!